It might not be the second, or even the third episode, but when I say Trey and I are going to talk about The Dark Knight Rises, I mean we're going to talk about The Dark Knight Rises. This month we discuss what makes a good "comic book movie" and whether a filmmaker has to honor the spirit of the source material in order to make good cinema.
Links from the show:
- Batman Begins on Wikipedia
- The Dark Knight on Wikipedia
- The Dark Knight Rises on Wikipedia
- Batman Nightfall on Comixology
- Marc Maron interviews Michael Keaton on WTF
- The Green Berets on Wikipedia
- Skyhook on Wikipedia
- Tom Waits interview on which Heath Ledger's Joker was based
- Talking about Raiders of the Lost Ark on The Incomparable
- Film Crit Hulk Smash: HULK VS. THE DARK KNIGHT RISES
- Rian Johnson on The Talk Show
Minute 25 - Mozart did not, in fact, compose Die Fledermaus. It was actually Johann Straus, II. The Opposite of Daniel regrets the error.
Minute 44 - A person would not be from Catalan - that's the language or a person from Catalonia.