1. They freaking used Futura for the in-movie titles!
2. I’ve seen a lot floating around lately about the heavy doses of lens flare in this movie. My opinion on the matter is that, whatever the purpose, the flares help establish a rather unique-feeling visual style. I say unique-feeling because I’ve not really researched whether it’s been done before. Either way, I feel that it helped the aesthetics.
3. The film score was considerably better than I expected. They smacked you in the face with it early on and it stood out as an aural guide at just the right moments. While I really dug hearing “Sabotage” in the first act, I was happier to have strong symphonic music carry throughout most of the story.
4. Okay, Heroes really just needs to die now, because Zachary Quinto is more Spock than he’ll ever be Sylar.
5. Simon Pegg, I love you.
6. I feel like they hit a number of marks on the Geek Check List with the Vulcan Death Grip, Mind Meld, and countless quips from the original series.
I would see this in the theater again with any of my friends that haven’t yet checked it out. Definitely a good start to my spring/summer movie season, and a great new direction to the Star Trek franchise, I hope.
2 thoughts on “Star Trek (2009 Film)”
Hell, I go see it again with you. Sunday night??? to get the feel right???
@Jake: After I’m out of church? I’ll have to ask my Mrs. if she’s cool with that, but I’m up for it. Besides, I need to hang out with you before I go on my trip, you bloke.